We're looking for an Operations Manager to join our team.
About the role
Bertha DocHouse is looking for a new Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the team, the office and our cinema and events programme. Bertha DocHouse is the UK’s only cinema dedicated to documentaries. Our programming is innovative, eclectic and exciting, and alongside our screenings we organise masterclasses, filmmaker Q&As, online screenings and panel discussions.
The team is based in central London, with an office in Oxford Circus, located off-site from the cinema itself, which is within the Curzon Bloomsbury.
We are looking for a motivated and reliable Operations Manager with excellent organisational skills. The role combines event production, office management, financial administration and a range of responsibilities to manage the day-to-day activities of the organisation and support the team. Please note, this is not a Cinema Manager position.
This is a unique opportunity for a documentary lover with some experience of cinema exhibition, who is happy working in a small team and excels at juggling a varied and busy role.
- Salary: £28,000 – 30,000 based on experience
- Hours: Full-time
- Location: Based in central London office with some hybrid working
- Start Date: as soon as possible
Operations Manager role
- You will coordinate the Bertha DocHouse team
- You will have a passion for documentary and working knowledge of cinema exhibition and distribution
- You will deliver successful events and private screenings
- You will lead on Box office reporting and financial administration
- You will attend the cinema on evenings and weekends several times a month to help run special events
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Bertha DocHouse schedule as the main point of contact with the Cinema Managers and staff.
- Responsible for internal financial administration, including tracking income and expenditure, maintaining several budget sheets, including regular and ad hoc reporting.
- Responsible for external financial administration, including producing and sending Box Office reports and processing invoices.
- Overseeing the management of the office and coordination of the team, from event rotas to holiday requests.
- Leading and minuting staff meetings.
- Supporting the Programming team in event organisation, including researching and inviting guest speakers and Q&A hosts.
- Leading on production for special events: liaising between teams, sharing running sheets, managing comps and being the main point of contact for talent and partners/guests.
- Managing Private Hire events, from first contact through to delivery, also leading on Private Hire strategy.
- We’re looking for someone who loves documentary film – that’s at the heart of everything we do
- Minimum 2 years experience in cinema exhibition
- Experienced in organising events
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to manage own time and workflow independently
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Very strong organisational skills
- Admin experience – including experience using and maintaining Google docs and spreadsheets
- Flexible approach to working evenings and weekends for special events at our cinema
- Familiar and comfortable with film tech and terminology
- Some experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Canva
- Some experience of working with a CMS (website content management system)
- A proven passion for connecting audiences with film and/or artistic experiences
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this position is 29/10/2023 at 23:00