Bertha DocHouse is hiring. We are looking for a highly skilled Operations Manager; a team player who will ensure the smooth running of the office, the cinema and our events in London.
Bertha DocHouse is the UK’s first and only cinema dedicated to documentaries. Our programming is innovative, eclectic and exciting and alongside our screenings, we organize masterclasses, filmmaker Q&A’s, and panel discussions on topical subjects. Our website promotes the cinema as well as being an educational tool for young documentary makers and interested people around the world.
We are a small team based in central London and our Oxford Circus office is off-site from the cinema at the Curzon Bloomsbury. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic manager with excellent organizational skills to take on a range of responsibilities, working across all aspects of the organization and its day-to-day running. The right candidate will have experience in cinemas/film exhibition, be good at juggling a varied and busy role, love being part of a small team, and preferably already have a keen interest in documentaries. They will be responsible to the Bertha DocHouse director.
£28,000 - £33,000 based on experience
Full-time based in Central London Office
Start Date: Mid December (flexible)
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to Jenny Horwell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application deadline: 5PM on 15th November. Interviews will take place w/c 27th November.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Bertha DocHouse schedule as the main point of contact with the cinema staff.
- Responsible for financial admin, including maintaining records, sending box office reports and processing invoices.
- Oversee the office management and co-ordinate team logistics.
- Managing private hire events. This role will be responsible for answering enquiries for private hires, providing quotes, coordinating logistics and delivery of the events.
- Researching and inviting speakers for relevant events including sourcing hosts and panellists for discussions.
- Be the point of contact for guest speakers and attending filmmakers to coordinate events in the public programme.
- Researching and updating content on the resources section of the DocHouse website.
- Ensuring the overall website is up to date and functional as well as inputting ideas to improve the user experience.
- Organising special projects including the videotheque in the Bertha DocHouse lounge.
- This role may also require some admin assistance to the director of Bertha DocHouse when required.
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure
- Excellent administrative skills
- Comfortable with databases and online content management systems.
- A good communicator
- Highly literate and numerate
- A keen interest in cinema exhibition and documentary in particular
- An enthusiastic team player